Skip to main content

Feedback Strategies

For this week I read week 2 and week 3 articles. The first article I read was 6 Bad Mental Habits That Sabotage Your Success. I felt this article was relevant because I can get into my own thoughts at times. I think I am pretty good at absorbing feedback whether it is positive or negative. The article mentions athletes that have trouble accepting negative feedback but I feel everyone is different. When I played baseball I pitched so I was constantly getting critiqued and I feel that it had prepared me for feedback later in life. One thing I do need to work on is making excuses and that was the top bad habit that sabotage success.

The next article I read was How to Craft Constructive Feedback. I feel like this is an important task to help with writing critiques and any other feedback you may have to give. The best way to do this is to know who you are giving feedback to and what kind of opinions they are looking for. Another big part is listening and really understanding what you are critiquing. So you can give constructive criticism that will make who ever is receiving the feedback become better.




Comments

  1. Hey Zack! How true about truly listening and understanding before you critique. I think that thoughtless criticism is worse than zero feedback. Whenever I receive what seems to be thoughtless criticism, I am always left wondering if I just misunderstood or if my story was so confusing that even the feedback doesn't make sense! And I agree, sports are such a great way to prepare for receiving feedback later in life.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

An introduction to me... Zack Ziegenhorn

Hello Everybody! My name is Zack Ziegenhorn, but most everyone I know calls me Zig for short. Its much easier to remember than Zack and MUCH easier to spell than Ziegenhorn. (lol) I am from Tulsa, OK and I am a senior Communication major. I went to Tulsa Union High School where I played baseball. I continued my baseball career for one year in college at Seminole State College but had to cut my baseball career short due to nagging injuries 😡. I came to OU in 2013 because I have been Sooner born and Sooner bred. I have been a huge OU fan my entire life and was so excited to get the opportunity to attend this University.                      Obviously I am a huge sports fan and love football, baseball, basketball, and golf. My favorite teams are OU, the St. Louis Cardinals, and the Oklahoma City Thunder. Thunder up!! I enjoy going to the lake over the summer and getting on the boat and just having a great time with friends and ...

Comment Wall

Leave me some feedback here! You can find my website through this Link Im looking forward to everyones comments, Good or Bad! Image from Pixaby

Reading Notes EC; The Theft of Fire

  Myths and Legends of California and the Old Southwest  by Katharine Berry Judson I love all these native american unit stories because it explains things like why wood makes fire when you rub sticks together, or why the frog has no tail.  The coyote in all these stories seems to be the sneaky character but also people trust him and follow him.  The story explains how coyote stole fire for everyone when two hags were keeping it for themselves and wanted no one else to have it. Coyote and all the other animals would make a plan to steal the fire and bring it to the indians.  They passed off the fire from animal to animal explaining what the fire did to each animal.  Fire