Skip to main content

Week 15 Story; Two Best Friends

There once was two young men who lived in the same city. They were best friends, went to school together, and even called each other brothers. One day they agreed that if who ever decides to get married first was to invite the other to his wedding to be his best man. Regardless if they were alive or did.

Well about a year went by and one of the men got cancer and passed away.

After the death of his best friend, the one friend was still alive and lonely. He decided that he wanted to find his wife to be.

A few months later the friend found his wife and asked her to take his hand in marriage. She agreed and on their wedding day they drove passed the cemetery were the mans best friend was burried. He had all the cars stop and decided to go visit his fallen friend.

So we went to his grave site and said, "My best friend, I want you to be the best man at my wedding."

All of a sudden the grave began to shake and crack and the earth below him felt as if it would fall. The dead man rose out of the ground and said: "Thank you, brother, for keeping your promise to me. Let us grab a bottle of champagne and cheers to this glorious day."

"I do not think I can stay. My wife and the wedding party is outside waiting for me. I do not want to start off my marriage with her mad at me."

"I promise, best friend, that this will not take long!"

The groom agreed and popped the bottle of champagne and poured himself a glass. As he drank a hundred years went by.

"Another one!" said the dead man.

He drank another glass and two hundred years went by.

"Lets have another glass and I will let you go celebrate your marriage."

The man drank a third glass and three hundred years went by.

As he finished up his friend, his brother, fell back into his grave and the grave closed up.

The groom looked around. Everything had changed. Their were flying cars and tubes all around him. Everything was shiny and white and all looked brand new. There were no longer cars on the ground everything was floating above him. The groom was very confused and had not known what was going on.

He ran to the closest building and ran into man. He asked what year it was and he explained to him that it was 2317. He told the man everything that happened and the man could not believe his story. No way was this man from three hundred years in the past. The man offered the groom a drink because he looked upset but the groom refused thinking another hundred years would pass.


Cheers to champagne; Link






Author's Note:
The original story is a Russian fairy tale about two friends that make a promise to each other to invite who ever gets married first to their wedding. One of the friend dies and on the others wedding day he the friend that is still alive stops by the grave yard. As he asks his dead friend to come to his wedding the grave opens and the dead man comes out. He convinces the groom to have a drink with him and a hundred years passes by. He does this three times and three-hundred years go by. When the groom finally is done and looks around the grave yard is empty with weeds every where. There was nothing around. He finds a village and finds a priest. The priest tells him of the occurrence three-hundred years ago of a bride who lost her groom that never came back and went on to marry another man.

I made the story modern to this day and age. I changed a village to a city and the tone I used was more of how we speak now instead of the Russian tone used in the story. I had the men drink a bottle of champagne which was not mentioned in the original story. I kept characteristics of the original story by laying out that hundreds of years had gone by but instead of nothing being around I added a futuristic city in the year 2317. He still went to find someone to ask questions but in the end refused to drink due to fear of more years passing by.

Russian Fairy Tales by W. R. S. Ralston; The two friends

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An introduction to me... Zack Ziegenhorn

Hello Everybody! My name is Zack Ziegenhorn, but most everyone I know calls me Zig for short. Its much easier to remember than Zack and MUCH easier to spell than Ziegenhorn. (lol) I am from Tulsa, OK and I am a senior Communication major. I went to Tulsa Union High School where I played baseball. I continued my baseball career for one year in college at Seminole State College but had to cut my baseball career short due to nagging injuries 😡. I came to OU in 2013 because I have been Sooner born and Sooner bred. I have been a huge OU fan my entire life and was so excited to get the opportunity to attend this University.                      Obviously I am a huge sports fan and love football, baseball, basketball, and golf. My favorite teams are OU, the St. Louis Cardinals, and the Oklahoma City Thunder. Thunder up!! I enjoy going to the lake over the summer and getting on the boat and just having a great time with friends and family. I would consider myself a social person because I l

Comment Wall

Leave me some feedback here! You can find my website through this Link Im looking forward to everyones comments, Good or Bad! Image from Pixaby

Week 13 story; The Drunk and The Devil

Blog Story! Dillon Dilly is an American, a construction worker, and a drunk. He would only work on his projects long enough to have enough money for booze and once he spent all his money on alcohol, he would return to his work. Dillon was walking back to his home one day after a week long bender when he said to himself, " I would sell my soul to the devil just to get more beer." At that moment a tall, slender, black figure walked up to him and asked "What did you say?" "I said I would sell my soul to the devil for another drink" The figure said "How much do you want for seven years and at the end the devil will take your soul?" Dillon replied " I am not sure. It would depend" "How does $7,000 sound?" "Ill take $7,000!" "And the devil will take your soul at the end of the seven years?" "Yes, I don't care about that." When Dillon got back to his house he found the $7,000 in