Skip to main content

Growing my mind with GrowMindset

This is the first time I have ever heard of growth mindset or Dr.  Dweck. A lot of what she talks about I feel like I can relate to. There was a lot of times in High School where I certainly did not feel challenged at all and felt like as soon as I got to OU that it was almost a culture shock in school. I had to adapt to finally being challenged (and learned what real homework was like). I'm excited to learn more about growth mindset. I played baseball growing up and for year into college so I enjoy challenging my self and realizing you have to put in the effort to what you want out of things. There are times I can get a bit lazy especially in other classes so I hope that this will help me see things in a new light and really put a perspective on the importance of mind. I took this class because it is completely out of my comfort zone and I wanted to challenge my self while feeling anxious. Little did I know I was going to be learning more than mythology and folklore.

Its all about taking risks!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comment Wall

Leave me some feedback here! You can find my website through this Link Im looking forward to everyones comments, Good or Bad! Image from Pixaby

An introduction to me... Zack Ziegenhorn

Hello Everybody! My name is Zack Ziegenhorn, but most everyone I know calls me Zig for short. Its much easier to remember than Zack and MUCH easier to spell than Ziegenhorn. (lol) I am from Tulsa, OK and I am a senior Communication major. I went to Tulsa Union High School where I played baseball. I continued my baseball career for one year in college at Seminole State College but had to cut my baseball career short due to nagging injuries 😡. I came to OU in 2013 because I have been Sooner born and Sooner bred. I have been a huge OU fan my entire life and was so excited to get the opportunity to attend this University.                      Obviously I am a huge sports fan and love football, baseball, basketball, and golf. My favorite teams are OU, the St. Louis Cardinals, and the Oklahoma City Thunder. Thunder up!! I enjoy going to the lake over the summer and getting on the boat and just having a great time with friends and ...

Reading Notes EC; The Theft of Fire

  Myths and Legends of California and the Old Southwest  by Katharine Berry Judson I love all these native american unit stories because it explains things like why wood makes fire when you rub sticks together, or why the frog has no tail.  The coyote in all these stories seems to be the sneaky character but also people trust him and follow him.  The story explains how coyote stole fire for everyone when two hags were keeping it for themselves and wanted no one else to have it. Coyote and all the other animals would make a plan to steal the fire and bring it to the indians.  They passed off the fire from animal to animal explaining what the fire did to each animal.  Fire