Skip to main content

Learning Challenge: I wish my teacher knew....

This is the first time I have seen this story. I think it is a good way to connect with kids and really understand that not every kid is the same and you have to adapt as teacher to kids environments to connect with them and find out the best way for them to learn. Keeping this anonymous is key because a lot of these children would be embarrassed to tell others and now a days would probably get made fun of for it. I think this teacher had an amazing idea and I hope that teachers all across the country are using this method to help there students feel comfortable admitting something because I think that will help them with being able to swallow their pride and ask for help later in life. Its all about trust.

Photo from NYT

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An introduction to me... Zack Ziegenhorn

Hello Everybody! My name is Zack Ziegenhorn, but most everyone I know calls me Zig for short. Its much easier to remember than Zack and MUCH easier to spell than Ziegenhorn. (lol) I am from Tulsa, OK and I am a senior Communication major. I went to Tulsa Union High School where I played baseball. I continued my baseball career for one year in college at Seminole State College but had to cut my baseball career short due to nagging injuries 😡. I came to OU in 2013 because I have been Sooner born and Sooner bred. I have been a huge OU fan my entire life and was so excited to get the opportunity to attend this University.                      Obviously I am a huge sports fan and love football, baseball, basketball, and golf. My favorite teams are OU, the St. Louis Cardinals, and the Oklahoma City Thunder. Thunder up!! I enjoy going to the lake over the summer and getting on the boat and just having a great time with friends and ...

Comment Wall

Leave me some feedback here! You can find my website through this Link Im looking forward to everyones comments, Good or Bad! Image from Pixaby

Reading Notes: Tejas Legends, The Plant That Grows on Trees

The main characters of the story are the Thunder Bird and the Mistletoe I could change the names of the two main characters, maybe make the bird a squirrel and change what kind of plant is in the story. I could give a background about kissing under a mistletoe during christmas because birds would meet there and kiss under the mistletoe The bird could trick the mistletoe so that he could constantly have berries to feed on and that is why the thunder bird put the mistletoe in the tree.  If a seed ever made it to the ground the plant would become bad luck and curse whoever ate the berries of the seeds off the grounded mistletoe.  The plant that grows on trees retold by Florence Stratton; link to the reading Image of the Thunder Bird and Mistletoe