Skip to main content

Reading Notes A; Rumpelstiltskin

The Grimm Brothers' Children's and Household Tales translated by D. L. Ashliman; Rumpelstiltskin; Link



  • The main characters of the story are the millers daughter, the king, and rumpelstiltskin 
  • The millers father tells the king his daughter can weave straw into gold
  • The king takes the daughter and asks her to fill a room with gold or else he will kill her
  • She cannot do so, but a little man named rumpelstiltskin comes in
  • He weaves the straw into gold three times for the millers daughter in exchange for her necklace, ring, and first born son of her and the king
  • Rumpelstiltskin says he will not take her first born child if she can figure out his name
  • She sends off a servant to find out all odd names he could find
  • On the third day he came across a little man dancing and saying his name
  • the queen (millers daughter) bested rumpelstiltkin and angered him so much he split himself in two
  • I could change the story by changing what the millers daughter can do. Maybe she can turn water into wine
  • The little man can come and help her but he takes different things from her, like her home, or her father to work
  • I could change the ending where rumpelstiltskin comes out on top and becomes king of land. 
Rumpelstiltskin; Wikimedia

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An introduction to me... Zack Ziegenhorn

Hello Everybody! My name is Zack Ziegenhorn, but most everyone I know calls me Zig for short. Its much easier to remember than Zack and MUCH easier to spell than Ziegenhorn. (lol) I am from Tulsa, OK and I am a senior Communication major. I went to Tulsa Union High School where I played baseball. I continued my baseball career for one year in college at Seminole State College but had to cut my baseball career short due to nagging injuries 😡. I came to OU in 2013 because I have been Sooner born and Sooner bred. I have been a huge OU fan my entire life and was so excited to get the opportunity to attend this University.                      Obviously I am a huge sports fan and love football, baseball, basketball, and golf. My favorite teams are OU, the St. Louis Cardinals, and the Oklahoma City Thunder. Thunder up!! I enjoy going to the lake over the summer and getting on the boat and just having a great time with friends and ...

Comment Wall

Leave me some feedback here! You can find my website through this Link Im looking forward to everyones comments, Good or Bad! Image from Pixaby

Reading Notes: Tejas Legends, The Plant That Grows on Trees

The main characters of the story are the Thunder Bird and the Mistletoe I could change the names of the two main characters, maybe make the bird a squirrel and change what kind of plant is in the story. I could give a background about kissing under a mistletoe during christmas because birds would meet there and kiss under the mistletoe The bird could trick the mistletoe so that he could constantly have berries to feed on and that is why the thunder bird put the mistletoe in the tree.  If a seed ever made it to the ground the plant would become bad luck and curse whoever ate the berries of the seeds off the grounded mistletoe.  The plant that grows on trees retold by Florence Stratton; link to the reading Image of the Thunder Bird and Mistletoe