Skip to main content

Reading Notes A; The Bad Wife

Russian Fairy Tales by W. R. S. Ralston (1887)

The bad wife is a story about a woman who treats her husband bad.

The woman would betray anything the husband asked her to do and would do the total opposite

The man found an endless pit under a bush of berries

He would trick his wife into falling into the pit 

He then threw a rope into the pit and he pulled out a demon

The demon was so scared of the bad wife he wanted to be out on earth

The demon cut a deal with the peasant that he would torment people and the peasant would save him.

They did this to many people until they did it to the boyars daughter

The peasant then tricked the demon into thinking the bad wife was back and the demon went back into the hole.

The demon; Link

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An introduction to me... Zack Ziegenhorn

Hello Everybody! My name is Zack Ziegenhorn, but most everyone I know calls me Zig for short. Its much easier to remember than Zack and MUCH easier to spell than Ziegenhorn. (lol) I am from Tulsa, OK and I am a senior Communication major. I went to Tulsa Union High School where I played baseball. I continued my baseball career for one year in college at Seminole State College but had to cut my baseball career short due to nagging injuries 😡. I came to OU in 2013 because I have been Sooner born and Sooner bred. I have been a huge OU fan my entire life and was so excited to get the opportunity to attend this University.                      Obviously I am a huge sports fan and love football, baseball, basketball, and golf. My favorite teams are OU, the St. Louis Cardinals, and the Oklahoma City Thunder. Thunder up!! I enjoy going to the lake over the summer and getting on the boat and just having a great time with friends and ...

Comment Wall

Leave me some feedback here! You can find my website through this Link Im looking forward to everyones comments, Good or Bad! Image from Pixaby

Reading Notes EC; The Theft of Fire

  Myths and Legends of California and the Old Southwest  by Katharine Berry Judson I love all these native american unit stories because it explains things like why wood makes fire when you rub sticks together, or why the frog has no tail.  The coyote in all these stories seems to be the sneaky character but also people trust him and follow him.  The story explains how coyote stole fire for everyone when two hags were keeping it for themselves and wanted no one else to have it. Coyote and all the other animals would make a plan to steal the fire and bring it to the indians.  They passed off the fire from animal to animal explaining what the fire did to each animal.  Fire